Tuesday, February 12, 2008

CNY mood

On the 4th day of Chinese New Year, I found myself doing what I normally wouldn't do. I watched a lion dance performance and I actually felt kinda excited :P Maybe it's because of CNY or maybe it's the location where the lion dance took place. I couldn't remember when was the last time I stop by to watch lion dance. And most of the time, it happens in a shop or some shopping centre. So, when I saw the lion dancing in a foodcourt among the hungry faces, it was kind of refreshing. It's like having live entertainment as I eat my lunch.

The climax came when the lion came dancing just a table away from me. I simply couldn't continue sitting, I had to video it. For once, after a long time, I felt the CNY mood :D And the lion dance brought back sweet childhood memories of those days when I would cover my ears whenever the lions come dancing at my grandfather's shop. I would cry when the big head doll came too close to me. I used to think the doll's face looks scary.

The video came in handy on Sunday night when my niece kept asking for my handphone to snap pictures. I showed her the lion dance video and that kept her busy for a couple of minutes while I had some peace :P


Happy New Year and enjoy the video!

3 comments:

jules said...

I've always loved watching the lion and dragon dance since young, except that the music gets too loud. I am amazed at that lady in front of your camera who can continue eating with the lion dance behind her as if nothing's happening! Funny woman...

Piko said...

Yup but the music is what creates the atmosphere too ;) Haha...I was amazed by that lady too. Simply bo chup till she finally decided that she's getting in the way of the lion :P

Anonymous said...

I also love to watch the lion dance. it is traditional chinese culture. your video shows that it is a art too.