Sunday, May 11, 2008

My wish

Someone asked me few days ago what I would wish for if I'm being granted a wish. Feeling a bit down that day, I gave a reply which I subsequently thought was silly and somewhat 'impulsive'. Somehow, that question lingered in my mind that evening. I thought to myself, why wish for something which will come eventually? I might as well wish for something that I want in this life but could not or have not had yet.

Now, if I can really have what I wish for, I want....

  • the whole world to know Jesus so they know where their future home is.
  • to be totally restored in body, spirit and soul.
  • to have a fulfilling and happy life.
  • to be so fit and healthy that I can conquer Mt Everest.
  • to be free from all sicknesses and weakness even in my old age.
  • to leave this world eventually in a painless, peaceful, dignified manner.
  • to be free from all worries and burdens.
  • to have financial and time freedom.
  • to be able to give freely and help the people around me.
  • to be able to give my loved ones everything they need and want.
  • to travel the world without having to worry about money.
  • to have an organized, minimalist, easy to maintain home.
  • to have someone to do all the household chores.
  • to have a home on high ground (or high rise) with a view to kill.
  • to be able to do up my home the way I want, with no budget constraint of course.
  • to be able to re-do certain decisions in my life.
  • to be able to play multiple musical instruments.
  • dust and pests to disappear from the face of the earth.
  • my furry friends to come alive but with no maintenance required.
  • all politics to vanish in every organizations, groups and societies.
  • all mankind to be happy, contented, fulfilled beings.
And now, for the vanity stuff, I want...
  • to have thick, soft, natural curls
  • to have long, curly eyelashes
  • to have sparkling eyes with no eye bags or eye rings forever.
  • to have porcelain complexion, no wrinkles or pigmentation forever.
  • to have more defined jawline, sharper chin and higher cheekbones.
  • to have slimmer arms, smaller waist and pelvic bones.
  • to have long, shapely legs.
  • to have perfect skin with no scars or pigmentation.
With so many items on my wish list, perhaps I should just wish that whatever I wish for will come true. Yea, that would be truly wonderful :D

4 comments:

jules said...

Funnily, i have never really wished for anything in particular. I usually will make do or change direction if i cannot achieve/get the things i want. Well, the only thing i ever wish consistently for is to be happy. I reckon if i am happy, nothing else matters. I could be rich and happy, poor and happy, old and happy, ugly and happy or fat and happy. So, my keyword is "happy" :-)

Piko said...

Jules, you are so so wise. Simple yet profound, this is really something to chew on...

jules said...

No lah, just a bit wise. Don't worry, i always pray for my family & friends to be happy too, and that includes u :-D

Anonymous said...

Got your wishes in mind... : )

Wish give us a dream/destination
Hope give us paths to reach our dream.
Creativity & determination keep us going.

Each day is a gift from God. :)

oc