Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's a polka dot day

Life can be so unpredictable. One day, you're happy and well, but misfortune could just be waiting outside your door the next day. I woke up early 2 days ago, just like any other Sundays. Everything was normal except that some pimple-like rashes have found their way to the side of my face. This is terrible.... As if it's not enough for me to put up with a swollen foot, now I've got this rash that sprang out of nowhere.

I went to SGH yesterday and both my usual doctors were unavailable. What luck eh, I thought? By the grace of God, a twist of events ended up having another doctor to see me. She gave me antibiotics for the rash but couldn't do much about my swollen foot except asking me to 'kiao ka' at home, aka raise it high up. Gotta take the AB every 6 hours, even in the middle of the night :( Hope my disrupted sleep pays off, the rash better subside before the end of this week. I feel like a prisoner cooped up at home. Of all days, why must it be this week?? *eyes rolling*

Thank God the swell on my foot has subsided much. At least it doesn't look like pig trotters and I could bend my toes now :) Looking forward to wearing heels next week and hopefully I don't need concealers to cover my polka dots when I go downtown.

2 comments:

jules said...

Hey, how did u get your swollen foot? Hope the swell and the rashes both go away soon. What's up this week anyway that u seem so frustrated about? U coming downtown next wk? Time for lunch?

Piko said...

My swollen foot came about after I wore a new pair of shoes. But I doubt the shoe is the cause as there seem to be some fluid retention underneath the skin.

Yea, I hope swell & rash go away soon, esp the rash. Nothing's up this week except that I have the car and had thot of exploring ard.

I have facial appt nxt wk but I don't know if I still can go. Have to see how fast my skin recovers :\
Will try catch u for lunch if I can make it there.