Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sotong @Kusadasi

We had our last breakfast onboard in the morning of 14th Aug before checking out of Ocean Monarch. Our ship had already docked at Kusadasi, Turkey. It came as a shock to us when we had to fork out another 24Euro per person as gratuity or tips. This was not told to us previously. We guai guai made the payment since our passports were in their hands.

Upon disembark, we sat at a Burger King by the sea since our taxi driver will only arrive at 12.30pm. It was barely 9am in the morning. The past few days' of mad rush and lack of sleep has finally taken its toll on me and I was feeling a bit flu-ish. My eyes were dry, red and uncomfy again just like when we first arrived in Istanbul.

Sotong incidents always seem to happen when I'm in this state. When we were about to leave Burger King, I suddenly 'realised' that my glasses were missing. Panicked, I asked my mom, who has been sitting opposite me all this while, where my glasses are. She replied 'aren't your glasses on your nose?'. I heard her voice but somehow, her words did not get registered in my mind. I asked her to catch up with the rest first while I ran to the toilet to search for my glasses. I was there earlier, hence thought I might have dropped my glasses there.

As I was about to reach the toilet entrance, my senses returned to me and I noticed my spectacle frame from the corner of my eyes. My mom's earlier words were replayed in my mind and I suddenly realised that my glasses were on my nose all this while :P I walked back giggling to myself. This must be the aftereffect of lack of sleep ;)

1 comment:

jules said...

Aiyo, when u are so tired next time, make sure that there's someone close by with u to take care of u. Scary, what if u lose more important stuff? Can be dangerous... We must plan to go Santorini and the other little gorgeous nooks and crannies u have discouvered together, even if we are tottering old ladies already and haul back more souvenirs together, haha!