Monday, August 6, 2007

West Black Sea Tour (Day 2)

Breakfast was served at 7.30am and we set off at 8.30am for day 2 of our tour. Our guessing game continued today but it doesn’t surprise us anymore. It was another long tiring day of coach rides but thank God we got to walk more today. We visited Amasra, went for a 45min boat ride which was optional. Karen and my mom chose to stay on land to check around the colourful shops and streets. During the boat ride, a fellow traveler striked a conversation with us. He could speak slightly better English than Yusuf. I wonder why he or other travelers who might be able to speak English did not translate for us critical information such as where and what time to meet during these 2 days.

Here are some pictures which I took with my E65 during the boat ride.




We had lunch at a fish restaurant that costs us 15YTL (approx S$18). The salad was great but the fish was too salty.



We spent a couple of hours at Amasra before heading to Abant Lake, which was quite a distance from here. During the journey, our dear Yusuf passed everyone (including us) a feedback form. I would gladly provide my feedback if not for the incomprehensible Turkish text on the form. I wonder if he’s just adhering to company policy or trying to be funny again (which I doubt). Who says only Singaporeans ‘just follow law’?

We were also given a sling bag and a goodie pack (see photo). Well, I can understand the need for dry & wet tissues and toilet seat cover papers but I don’t know why we need eye mask, soap and plastic bags for putting over our shoes. Are we going to camp overnight in the coach? Are we going to visit some clean room or museum again? It baffles me.


We traveled a few hours to reach Abant Lake but only stayed there for 30mins. Here are some pictures that I took at Abant Lake.



The journey back to Istanbul was very long and the traffic congestion made it worse. We were the last to alight the coach at around 1am. Again, no one told us when we reached the last drop-off point. We didn’t know we were supposed to get off as it was a different place from where we boarded the coach yesterday. We hopped onto a cab and made our way back to the hotel.

This must be the longest 2D/1N trip I’ve ever made in my life.

No comments: