Sunday, September 9, 2007

Heaty Lah

All along, I thought only Chinese subscribe to the idea of 'heatiness' in the body but I was wrong. During our CG meeting yesterday, one of our members who is an Indian said he has ulcer and attributed it to 'heaty lah'. I found it rather cute and amusing as this was the first time I hear this word coming from a non-Chinese. But at that moment, I had a feeling of 'one people, one nation'. I know this sounds a bit exaggerating but it reminds me that we're truly one people - Singaporeans. It doesn't matter if we're Chinese, Indian or Malay, if you're heaty, you're heaty ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell him to take more fruits lah... : ) oc

jules said...

My Indian girlfriend also knows about heatiness, so maybe not so restricted to Chinese only. Anyway, the world of Chinese meds seem to be making a big impact these days and even Western docs are beginning to look at Chinese medicine differently. The Chinese rule, hehe.....

Piko said...

Hmm...so it's really a 'Singapore' thingie. Yup, sometimes TCM can do wonders to what western doctors considered as impossible.