Friday, September 28, 2007

Simply speechless

What shall I say....I was really surprised and kind of speechless when I checked my email today. I just got a response to an advertisement which I put up in July to sell off a brand new vacuum cleaner that I don't need. There were 2 responses few weeks ago after the ad has long expired but it didn't result in a deal. I've already given up hope and contemplated yesterday to remove the ad on Yahoo Classified after a 'setback' couple of days ago. I was even thinking of giving it free to anyone who really needs it.

Here's the 'setback' I was talking about...... A deal that went through after much arrangment ended up in a refund situation. It was also from an ad that only received response after it has expired. I thanked God when I got an initial response but it was a false alarm. Thanked God again when I got this response and when the deal eventually went through. Two hours later, the buyer asked for a refund. I don't know what to feel. It was like a mini emotional roller coaster ride for me. I could have ignored him but my conscience told me to just refund him and move on. I don't even feel like collecting the returned goods. It's just not worth the time and effort. Frankly, I was a bit disappointed, maybe even a bit disheartened. I thought of removing all the ads and giving away FOC all that which I had planned to sell. 'Forget about this small money, don't waste your time, just donate away everything, go focus on the big money....' Streams of thoughts went through my mind.

Imagine how surprised I was when I checked my email today. A prospective buyer expressed his interest and asked to view the vacuum cleaner. Again, I thanked God for the little surprise. I don't know if this will deal eventually. Of course, I hope it will but if it doesn't, I'll still thank God because I've learnt a lesson here...

  1. Only when we truly let go and let God will we see miracles happen.
  2. God meets us at the point when we are really broken, completely surrendering all to Him.
Life can be so unpredictable, just like the weather. Even as I'm typing away, the evening sky has started to rain despite the sunny weather minutes ago.

No comments: