Friday, June 15, 2007

I get to vote :D

Yippee!!..... my estate is going to have a new coat of paint this June. It's exciting to see what kind of new look will emerge after the transformation. Lately, my estate has been undergoing some upgrading works. First, it was the BBQ pit, then the pool, the playground, the landscaping..... and now the buildings :D I feel like I'm 'moving house' though I'm still staying in the same estate :P

Honestly speaking, my estate still looks pretty new and some of these upgrading works are quite a waste. Just the other day, I walked past the HDB blocks opposite my place and saw how worn out the synthetic flooring at the playground is, yet nothing has been done. This is quite a contrast to the playground in my estate which is still very new but has been upgraded. There are probably more children utilising the HDB playground than the one in my estate. Somehow I feel sorry that their playground is inferior compared to the one at my place :( Life is unfair but what can we do?

Oh, I'm so happy that I get to vote for the new colour scheme. I think my excitement is even greater than when I voted during GE :P The deadline is 20th Jun but I've already decided that I will cast my vote tomorrow morning when I go out for my breakfast. Hmm....what a beautiful saturday........*smiling to myself*

No comments: