Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Lunchtime again

How wonderful it is if we can survive without eating and sleeping!? Sometimes I find that eating is such a chore, especially if you're particular about what goes into your stomach. No preservatives, no artificial colourings, no transfat, no refined carbohydrates, no artificial sweetener, no fried food.....the list goes on and on.

Whenever I go to the supermarket, I always end up buying the same old, boring (but healthy) stuff. Though I enjoy looking at the endless shelves of snacks, biscuits and instant food products, they seldom land up in my basket. No matter how tasty they look, I'll always put them back on the shelves when I've scrutinised the ingredients. Once, I succumbed to temptation and bought a pack of mini Oreo cookies. I never get to eat it because it was expired by the time I thought of having a munch. Unknowingly, I had left it in the fridge for one whole year!

I think the chinese idiom 望梅止渴 really fits me. Very often, I am satisfied just by looking at the food without consuming it :P Today, I'm back to my healthy (some say boring) lunch again. It has a list of 'no' too - no oil, no fat, no seasoning, no frying. Healthy steamed vegetables (see picture) with a cup of carrot/apple juice and yoghurt. And the best thing about my lunch is......I don't have oily plates and frying pans to wash ;)

2 comments:

Casper said...

hmm..next time for a change, how about : sprinkle rasins,sunflower seeds into your yogurt; ladies fingers & green capsicum are good choice too. Tofu (top with pork floss../oops); raw salmon with black pepper...yummy yum yum

Piko said...

Hello casper, I eat ladies fingers almost every week. Can't take capsicum as it makes me worse. Tofu, I eat almost every other day too :P Oh, I don't eat raw fish...it's yuckie n not yummy for me :P