Thursday, June 28, 2007

Remedies for your aching neck & shoulders

It seems very common for ladies to have aching shoulders, neck and back. I seldom hear guys having such problem but I often hear my girlfriends complaining of that. To all my girlfriends, try the following when you have that nagging pain the next time.

1. Shen Nong Traditional Physiotherapy (神农中医推拿理疗所)
17 Carpenter Street #01-01 (directly opp Central shopping mall, Clarke Quay MRT exit E)
Tel: 64623372
Opening Hours: 10am - 9pm daily

2. If you want a little more ambience and don't mind some travelling, head down to Tea Tree Spa at Batam Holiday Inn. The massage is cheap and good. Recently I made a day trip on a Sat, paid only $99 and it includes 2-way ferry, land transfer, 1.5hr spa (0.5hr scrub and 1hr massage). It feels like going on a holiday yet I'm back to the comfort of my home at the end of the day. You can email them to enquire the monthly promotions - teatreespa@holidayinn-batam.com

3. If your neck/shoulder/backache is so stubborn, you'll probably need more than a spa or massage. Here's another tried and tested recommendation: Tay We Haw Medical Hall (伟华药行) Blk 52 Chin Swee Road #01-55. Tel: 65354771 Do not be deceived by the not-so-glam looking shopfront, the chinese phycisian is really good. Recently, the father has trained his son to be his successor. Though he may look young, he's just as good as the old man ;)

5 comments:

Casper said...

Thanks for the lobang.The chinese physician is male huh..very scared of pain when they use strength.
Will check out the price range & the physician's gender..heeee.
I seriously need a rub badly.Is the worst pain eversince after my year of treatment at SGH :(
Think is FOC to join the laughing club. As what Jules said, let's check it out for once. Perhaps Jules&Casper to stay over at Piko's nest the night before, so that mission will be possible to proceed to the East the next early morning.

jules said...

Casper, Piko says when we get together ourselves, already have own laughing club, no need to wake up at 7am bleary-eyed to go all the way to the East :P

I also starting "lao hua yan" already. Maybe should just go lasik all short and far-sightedness away !

I tried one male physician before for rubbing neck, shoulders and back, very good but after a while, I also not comfortable with his gender lah, still prefer female.

Casper said...

From what I know from various people around me who did lasik, I can only tell you to be prepared that the 'result' really depends very much on individual.So far there are 2 with 100+ degree 'returned' after about a year or so.Cannot wear lens anymore. My sister's'lao hua' didn't 'disappear' after lasik. More sensitive to glare. More dry.

Piko said...

Male physician usually got more strength and can do tui na better. Alternatively, go to Shen Nong, all the therapists are ladies.

Yup, welcome to camp overnite at my place then proceed to hike ;)

I also heard some horror stories about lasik. I think it's still better not to go for it. I'm a firm believer of 'don't fix it unless it's broken'.

Casper, consider investing in a pair of sunglasses with degree? I had 2 of those, pretty handy and I'm not restricted by the limited range of clip-on glasses.

叶子 said...

Shengnong changed hands in HV. When I went back the same spot, apparently owned by different company who try to mislead that they're Shengnong, their standard dropped. The never-fail option I go for is in AMK Blk 134 or something - Kentridge Chinese Physician.