Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Meteor Shower

There's going to be a meteor shower in mid August. According to NASA, it's going to be a 'great show' as the moon is new on 12 Aug, which means no moonlight, dark skies and plenty of meteors. Wow, that sounds great to me :) The first time (one and only so far) I saw a shooting star was in Las Vegas in year 2000. I was on the overhead bridge when I spotted the bright spark that shot across the sky. It happened so unexpectedly and was such a pleasant surprise.

Come Aug 12, I'll be cruising on the Aegean sea *dreamy look*. I imagine myself lying on the deck late into the night, enjoying the sea breeze and watching the skies full of meteor shower.....so romantic, so out of this world *smiling to myself* Hopefully, the skies will be clear and the meltemi wind will take a break when I'm there. Let me witness meteor shower over the Aegean sea, even if it's just for once in my lifetime.

3 comments:

jules said...

Absolutely envious of u, and casper too...hmmmph, make sure u take many pics of the meteor shower and remember me suffering here in the office as u are cruising romantically on the Aegean Sea! And hopefully, next round I will get to go along and not be left behind... *sigh*

Piko said...

Yo jules, we will remember you, maybe even call u so you can hear our excitement :) Yupz, come along next time yah ;)

Anonymous said...

You won't be alone in counting the stars and watching the greatest Meteorshowers ever..... :p, oc