Monday, July 2, 2007

Toys for adoption

I was being put in a difficult position when my sister called me today and asked if I want to adopt her children's stuffed toys. They (stuffed toys) have multiplied too fast and her kids have also grown tired of them. Gosh...this is one of the hardest thing for me. If I say no, they'll probably end up at the Salvation Army. If I say yes, well....the population in my home is already growing faster than the population of Singapore.

My close friends know that I have a soft spot for stuffed toys. They're like real pets to me. I get them clothes, caps, toys, beds etc. I bring them for car rides and I even bring them on vacations. All of them have names, and I mean unique names, no repetition ;) I even keep their original tags. Going by the number of tags, I think I probably have close to a thousand stuffed toys now. Yet, all of them are special to me :)

Some of my ex-colleagues have also asked me if I could adopt their stuffed toys when they springclean their cubicles. They probably know that their toys will be in good hands once they're with me. Sometimes, I have no choice but to harden my heart and reject them if I know I can't 'provide' for them or love them as much.

So, what's going to happen to my nieces' stuffed toys? Well, I didn't have the heart to reject them (the toys) outright so my sister said she will put them aside for my 'inspection'. Oh, poor little fellows.... if they have feelings, they must be so fearful now. Can they sleep tonite? Are they hugging one another bidding farewell? Are they rehearsing their sweetest smile so I might adopt them? Oh......

3 comments:

jules said...

I know exactly what u mean, ever so often I end up buying all on the shelf when the one stuffed toy that I am buying has only 1 or 2 others left and they look so sadly at me for leaving them behind...haha, just close your eyes and take in all the stuffed toys lah, don't leave any behind...

I agree male physicians are better and my friend says even male masseurs are better but I am too shy to try lah.

Ya, I thought of doing lasik long ago but being skeptical that something might go wrong, I decided to stick to my contact lens and specs...

Sometimes I get so fed up with myself, like now, as I realised I do not have many free weekends in July...sigh, we better fix our dates and pre-booked my horrible self. I am occupied on 7th, 8th/night and 14th. Can u please check with Casper on her available dates? Thanks...

Casper said...

Sigh...my super 'powerful' degree will end up with very think lens, esp from the side view, thus optician always discouraged me saying that it will not looks good at all.And also if not wrong it have to be in plastic lens & not glass, thus lagi super thick :(

Sometimes, I wonder how come up till today, technology is still not able to do 'wonders' as far as thick lens are concerned. Super thin lens only up to 1.9 & price is extremely expensive compare to 1.8 lens...

Beside face shapes limited to frames range, I also cannot opt for colour lens, plastic lens, frameless & also certain width
(the 'longer' the frame, the thicker the lens on the side due to cut )...etc,etc / POOR "TING"

Hey, Jules, no need to be fed up watt. Your weekends are all booked meaning you are active & making use of your time.That's good sign yah.7th I also can't.

As long as fix up in-advance, should not be a problem for me. No Fridays?

Piko said...

Jules, if i take all, i'll have to sleep at the corridor ;p Like what casper said, no need to be fed up, it's a good sign that your schedule is packed.

Casper, guess u'll have to hunt more places for suitable frames. Really poor ting..

Let arrange offline our next mtg. I'll sms u both.