Saturday, July 21, 2007

Ouch Ouch

Thanks to my strained shoulder, I finally got to try out theTCM massage that Ros recommended. It's tucked away in a nice, quiet estate in Ang Mo Kio. Putting the massage aside, I think the best thing about this place is the ample parking space and the koptiam few units away from the TCM shop :) The downside? Not within walking distance from the train station.

I didn't manage to get the masseuse (Lily) that Ros recommended but got 小红 instead. I wonder why so many masseuses have this name? Maybe it's auspicious and easy to remember? :P Anyway, I suffered under 小红's powerful hands for an hour. I thought her strokes were a bit too fast for me to catch my breath and I had to tell her 轻一点 a few times. My muscles felt loosen the next day though I felt more pain, which is pretty common after massage.

I went back again 3 days later to continue part 2 of my massage. It was a 1.5hr massage and the focus was on my back. After many 轻一点 and 很痛, I felt like I've been battered all over but I know I should get better the next day. It's almost like a norm that I'll feel sleepy after a massage and this was no exception either. I went home right after that and had a nap so good it took me a while to realise what day it was when I woke up.

No comments: