Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Alpha got bitten


Today is a sad day for all at home. I received a sms from my sister this evening that her dog, Alpha has been bitten by another dog. It happened yesterday when my mom brought Alpha downstairs for a stroll. For no apparent reason, a Jack Russell that was not leashed dashed to Alpha when he was doing his business. Poor Alpha was being attacked when he was most vulnerable (he was peeing and was leashed). The two dogs started biting each other. The jack russell's owner, an Indian guy, only came to pull his dog away when my mom wanted to hit it.

Poor Alpha suffered a deep wound on his body, near his groin. My mom did not realise the seriousness of his wound till last evening when my sisters came back. They brought Alpha to seek medical assistance but most clinics were already closed at night. The poor dog hardly move or walk... My second sister, who used to be a nurse dressed Alpha's wound last night.

Alpha's wound got worse today, it was obviously infected and had pus. My sisters managed to get him to the vet who had to sedate him to do a thorough cleaning of the wound. My mom cried when the vet told them to be prepared for the worse as Alpha is not that young. I'm sure my sisters felt sad too. Alpha has been with us for the past 7 years. He's like part of the family and my sister often calls him her 'son'.

As the wound was deep, the vet had to insert a tube into him for flushing purpose. Poor Alpha, it must be very painful :( He was discharged later this evening but had to return this weekend for review. Pls pray for Alpha that God will cause his wound to heal and close up asap. I really can't imagine if he's gone or has permanent injury.

No comments: