Monday, October 20, 2008

Young elderly

I am convinced that age spots and presbyopia need not necessary come with age. Years ago, I met a preacher who was in his 70s then but he has perfect eyesight. He is able to read the bible without reading glasses and his mind is alert as an eagle's. Looking at him gives me the confidence that it is possible to break the norm of having presbyopia after 40.

I was at Lighthouse church last Saturday and witnessed an elderly lady testifying how God has healed her of her breast cancer, which was of an aggressive type. At the end of her testimony, she mentioned her age (72yrs old) and the whole hall broke into applause (to give God the glory). If she didn't reveal her age, I would have guess she's in her 50s. She totally broke the typical image you would associate with a person past 70. Her complexion was fair with no pigmentation, no deep set wrinkles, has a natural healthy pinkish tone. Her crown of glory was thick and black (I don't know if she dyes her hair). And she walks so steadily you could tell she has strong legs. What an encouraging sight it was and I thought she really epitomizes the term "graceful aging'.

I just got reminded of another lady whom I met in a bookshop few years back. We had small talk and she told me she's in her 50s. My jaws almost dropped, for she looked like she's in her 30s. And her secret lies in yoghurt facemask. I'm not even talking about those Skinfood or Beauty Credit natural masks. I'm refering to those tubs of yoghurt that you see on supermarket shelves. I was surprised to hear that something so cheap and readily available can produce such wonders. An Israelis lady once shared the same secret with me and I actually thought she was pulling my leg. But now that I know it's true, yet I'm rather lazy to give it a try :P Let me know your results if you so decide to try it out ;)

No comments: