Tuesday, October 28, 2008

No news is good news

These days we're bombarded with bad news every other day. Nothing seems to be certain or secure these days. Turn on the tv, flip the papers and all we see is economic woes, global financial crisis, food tainted with melamine...etc. Even shutting out the external news won't keep my mind free from bad news.

News reported that people are turning to thriller fiction books and feel-good movies for escapism. This is not surprising at all. Lately I find myself watching tv more often, maybe subconsciously, I'm escaping too. There're just too many things that bring frustration when I give thought to it. The best is not to think but that won't solve the matter either. No wonder people say 'ignorance is bliss'. Perhaps, we should all pretend not to know even when we know. Maybe life would be happier this way :)

2 comments:

jules said...

Like u said, there are some days i refuse to read the newspapers becos i am tired of seeing so many bad news - murders, disasters, strife, crisis, diseases, illnesses, sigh... I've given up watching war movies and sad stories long ago as think i've seen enough in real life. But i think people like u and i will not settle for "ignorance is bliss", hehe... i am definitely one for knowing things, rather than being in the dark and blur :-P

Piko said...

U're right. That's why I still read and watch the news despite all the gloom n doom. Oh, I still watch sad movies :P yea sad, but sometimes they're also so tragically romantic :P