Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Trvial stuff on a rainy day

The other day, a friend asked me to update her about my life. I simply said I'm ok, life's been about the same and she gave me that 'aiya, elaborate lah' look. It's not that I don't want to elaborate but I find that there's really nothing much to add on. I don't have any new found hobbies, office gossips or interesting encounters with the other kind. At this juncture, there just isn't much excitement or happenings except, maybe medical updates. And that is something which I don't wish to touch on when I update others about my life. It's like as if that's the only area with progressive and regular updates. Nah, I don't want to bore people with such trivial stuff.

Jas asked me yesterday if I want to join her for pottery class. Sounds good. I've always been interested in arts and craft. I thought this would be a good oppotunity to add some variety to my otherwise 'still' life. Went to check out the website, as expected, the fees are not cheap. The fees stated on the website were higher than what Jas told me. Hmm... in view of the current economy, it's quite a luxury to spend $200 on 4 sessions and I don't think I'll learn much from merely 4 sessions. To continue beyond that, on a mid to long term basis is akin to burning cash away. For practical reasons, I guess I'll have to shelf this for now.

2 comments:

jules said...

I've thought of pottery classes before too but did not check out the fees. Hmm, if u do see cheaper places, maybe we can all go together :-)

Piko said...

I think some community clubs (PA) offer pottery classes too and charge a much lower fee. In fact, the courses at CCs are getting more interesting and appeal to working adults. It's no longer the aunties who sign up for courses at CCs :P Can check out info on courses and details from PA website.