Friday, April 18, 2008

Claypot Rice

I've got a newly discovered makan place to recommend you folks. If you like claypot rice, head down to Clementi Ave 5, block 345 and look for the coffee shop 'Clementi 881 Coffee Station'. I was told most of the food there are nice. I went for the claypot rice by Traditional Kim Poh Claypot Rice. It comes in 2 sizes - $8 for big, $4 for small. They also sell the typical home-cooked soup and it costs only $2. My verdict for the claypot rice: rice texture and taste is good, not too salty. Chicken is tender and did not have a lot of bones. Overall, it was so delicious that I did not even touch the chillie that came with it.

If you are a claypot rice fan, you probably know there's another famous claypot rice stall in Clementi, near 2 fish aquarium shops. Well, if you ask me, the 881 Coffee Station's claypot rice not only taste better but it's cheaper and best of all, the waiting time is only 10 mins (compared to the other which is usually 30mins).

Wonder why I didn't attach a picture? Hee, the rice smells so good I only remembered to take picture after I've finished scrapping the pot. I don't think you'll be interested to see an empty pot and a saucer of untouched chillie, right? ;)

3 comments:

jules said...

Yeah, i have only tried the other famous claypot rice before. Miss a lot of nice food in Clementi from my working days with Soo Fen at the logistics firm in Clementi Ave 6 then.

Piko said...

Oh, so you've tried the famous one too :) Hmm....one of these days, if you're at this part of Spore, we can go eat claypot rice ;)

Unknown said...

I have tried twice in Clementi
but no idea is it the 'famous'
stall u gals were talking abt.
I only remember that I need to
wait for an hour+.