Monday, April 14, 2008

Thoughts on a journey

Some days it comes like an avalanche, fast and furious, totally unexpected and beyond my wildest imagination. Some days, it crawls even slower than an old grumpy snail. Have I taken a wrong route? Sometimes I ask myself if I am living in delusion. But I still believe this is not a dream about building castles in the air.

I have learnt from past experience that things somehow usually get better after I call it quits. Will it be the same this time? I don't know. Perhaps, like what the experts say, the key lies in perserverance. I've told myself I will press in all the way but I don't deny that sometimes I do have a tinge of envy when I hear of friends going back to the rat race. I know this sounds silly. I don't even know if this is more of envy or fear. Fear because I may be wasting my time and not getting the expected result at the end of the day.

Taking the road less travelled can be lonely and fearful at times but I don't think I will give it up yet. I think I can do better than this. I don't want to look back someday only to say to myself, I should have tried a little harder, a little longer.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step. I have made the first step and I must remind myself not to look back.

2 comments:

jules said...

Me? I've been quite brain-dead recently, desperately trying to plot out my next steps but only seeing a dark space ahead. But one step at a time, a prayer each day, guess i'll find my way. Hope u are faring much better than me ;-P

Piko said...

Yup, we just have to keep going and adjust our bearing along the way. Hope your darkness will turn into light soon :)