Saturday, April 19, 2008

My latest experiment

I just tried a new shampoo and conditioner today. This new kid on the block promises hair darkening and strengthening. I overheard the promoter telling an auntie at FairPrice last week but I didn't want to appear interested as I don't like pressure selling. Just 2 days ago, we were at AMK Hub FairPrice and were being introduced to this product again. The promoter wasn't pushy and she sounded convincing as she (her daughter too) has personally tried the product. She also mentioned that a lady fedback to her that her white hair turned black after using 2 bottles. Hmm...that sounds like good news to me :)

Doomsday descended recently when I discovered a few strands of white hair. I deliberately refrain from dyeing my hair as I want to see if I can reverse it with changes in lifestyle. This could also be a good opportunity for me to see the effectiveness of this product. You know, it's not easy for I have the tendency to 'inspect' every morning to see if my wisdom factor has gone up. But I think I should really kick off this habit 'cos it's not good to visualise something undesirable on a regular basis. I'm a believer of the power of visualisation - what you see will be what you get eventually.

Back to the product, I will give it some time to prove its effectiveness. And, if it lives up to its claims, I will reveal the brand name here :)

6 comments:

jules said...

Oh yes, please please tell me if this product works! Doomsday descended with a BIG BANG on me late last yr when i realise my white hairs have grown too many to be plucked out anymore. Think it's my lousy, stressful job causing this. Last time, not so many and so i used to pull out when i see them. So, i've started touching up my white hair ends for about 2 times already. If your new product works, no more dyeing and touch-ups, yay! But guess there's dyeing agent in the shampoo and conditioner too?

Piko said...

Gosh, so I'm not the only one. Heard some saying that you shouldn't pluck it out or it'll get worse. Try trimming off the white portion? Sounds like yours is mainly at the ends and not the roots? If that's the case, then it's not all doom yet :)

Oh, there's no dyeing agent in the shampoo and conditioner. It's all tcm herbs. Guess we also need to nourish the hair directly just as we do to our face. The promoter told me to use the shampoo and conditioner only three times a week as it has very concentrated ingredients. You can use your usual shampoo on other days.

Let's hope this product works, especially for people like us who are far from retirement age :P

jules said...

Oh, sorry, what i meant was more of my hair roots are turning white and not the ends. Ya, if it were the ends, i will just trim them off. I heard of the plucking is bad saying too but i've always done that last time, hehe...

Piko said...

Oic...ok. Try not to pluck lah. Guess we should console ourselves, white hair is better than no hair :P

Unknown said...

hei, hei, of course you are
not alone
Same as Jules, I always plucked too, heee..
Sometimes people around will
tell me they saw my white hair
& I will immediately asked to
help me to plug out & guessed
what? Answer to me lately was:
"huh, alot leh, whole patch;
how to plug?!!" *faint*

Piko said...

Muahaha...that's why I said we should be happy that we have hair, doesnt matter if it's black or white ;)