Thursday, April 24, 2008

If only I could

For this music, I went to rent the Corpse Bride DVD this evening...



I came across this video on Youtube yesterday and instantly fell in love with the piano duet. I wanted to know what this movie is about... Now that I've watched it, I have the urge to look for the audio CD of the composer, Danny Elfman. Until now, I didn't know he's the composer behind many familiar blockbusters. A search on Youtube threw up another very beautiful piano piece - The Ice Dance, apparently from the movie 'Edward Scissorhand', also by the same composer.

Also found this on Youtube, where this guy played by ear the Corpse Bride duet. From his fingering, it seems to me that he did not have formal training. So inspiring... makes me wanna take up piano again.



Think I'll fall asleep with this piece ringing in my mind tonight... :)

No comments: