Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hand in hand

I stumbled upon this video accidentally this evening and I felt so touched as I watched the dancers. It reminded me of those days when we were dancing. And I know it must have been difficult in their training to be able to dance like this. My heart goes out to them, my heart melts as I watch their graceful movements.

Were they dancers who lost their limbs but determined not to let that stop them from dancing? Or did they learn dancing only after they have lost their limbs? These were the thoughts that went through my mind. Either case, I know it is not easy. It is very cruel for a dancer to be unable to dance when that is the love of her life. To pick up dancing after losing limbs is just as difficult. Just think about the balancing, the muscle cramps etc. Some able-bodied people can't even balance themselves or coordinate body movements well and here we see two handicapped dancers dancing gracefully as if their handicap didn't exist.

This is simply wonderful. I am inspired and reminded once again that nothing is impossible. You can only go as far as you think you could. Self-imposed limitations will only hinder you from discovering your potential, your limits.

No comments: